These are answers to the most commonly asked questions. If your query isn’t on the list please don’t hesitate to contact me using the form below.
Chose the chair you want, agree fabric and finishes.
Agree price and timescales
Pay deposit (usually a third of the final price)
Finalise completion and delivery date
Final payment due and chair delivered on the same day
There’s usually a lead time of 8 to 12 weeks but it can be longer or shorter depending on a number of factors; waiting list, availability of fabrics and so on. Contact me to discuss further
Yes, I am at the Vintage Home Show in Manchester at least once a year and at other events locally. Check social media or contact me for details. Otherwise, we can arrange for you to visit me at Hallam Mill in Stockport to see the chair you are interested in. Please get in touch to book an appointment.
I don’t recover new chairs, but I’m happy to pass it onto experienced and qualified local upholsterers to do this for you.
Yes, I can send up to 4 samples at a time to your home. I ask that you keep them for me, as it’s important to me to reduce waste.
Yes, I deliver to Manchester and Greater Manchester. For further afield I use trusted couriers. Prices are dependent on distance.
I may be interested in buying your old chair, Ercol, Parker Knoll, G Plan and mid century chairs are of particular interest. Send me a photograph and we can take it from there. I have limited storage space so prioritise chairs that I love.
Thank you, and see above!
I want you to be delighted every time you shop with me. If for any reason you’re unhappy with your purchase, the item can be returned to me in its original condition within 7 working days (starting the day that you received the item).
Please ensure that all items returned to Squaretwo Furniture are packaged securely and sufficiently to withstand delivery.
I cannot accept liability for goods lost or damaged in transit, and all items must be returned to us using the same method of delivery as you received it.
Please note that unless the item is faulty, all charges incurred through returns are at your own cost.
The refund for your purchase with Squaretwo Furniture will be forwarded to you within 14 days of receiving the returned item.
Any upholstery service that has been commissioned by you is not returnable.
Before placing your bespoke order, please ensure that all the details are correct and that you are happy with the specification of the item, including measurements.
I want you to be happy with your purchase, and I’m happy to talk through any queries you may have before placing your order.
In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with the workmanship of your bespoke item, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further.
Again, please consider the information above.
* The Contract shall exist between Squaretwo Furniture and the client.
* The contract will include those instructions written into the contract only.
1. Any additional instructions must be confirmed in writing and a price agreed for the additional work and materials, before the work can proceed. Additional work, which may not be apparent when the estimate was provided, will be advised to the client on discovery, and a course of action agreed. This includes frame repairs, which are hidden by upholstery.
2. Squaretwo Furniture will endeavour to deliver items forming part of this contract at the specified time, our obligation however, is to deliver on time providing that the materials to complete the work are available at the time the work is to be undertaken. We will keep the client informed at all times of supply problems, or other factors, which can affect delivery times.
3. All old covers will be removed prior to upholstery, these covers will be discarded unless the client advises that they are to be returned, this advice must be written into the order.
4. All new fillings applied to furniture manufactured after 1950 will be in compliance with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire)(Safety) Regulations 1988. All new covering fabric supplied by us will comply with the regulations with the exception of covers which contain 80% natural fibres, when it is acceptable to use an interliner which complies with the regulations. Furniture manufactured prior to 1950 does not come within the scope of the 1988 regulations with regards to filling or cover.
5. We reserve the right to apply a 15% surcharge for handling fabrics not supplied by Squaretwo Furniture.
6. We reserve the right to add a surcharge to the mark-up costs where fabrics, woven or printed off-grain, require extra time to make and where fabrics and patterns behave unexpectedly.
7. With regard to the client’s own material: When a client supplies his/her own materials, it is their responsibility to ensure that the fabric is suitable for the purpose for which they intend to use it and that it complies with the relevant regulations in force with regard to Fire and Safety (as described in clause 4).
8. We will do our best to advise customers of the suitability of fabrics, whether supplied by us or not, however, we can only take responsibility for materials which are supplied by Squaretwo Furniture ONLY; covering fabric supplied by the client is at their own risk. Shortage of covering fabric supplied by the client is the client’s responsibility and not Squaretwo Furniture’s
9. Printed and woven fabrics: Where printed and woven fabrics will not pattern match accurately we will inform you for further instructions.
10. Fabrics sent direct to me must have the clients name clearly marked on the delivery note so we can check, on your behalf, that we have received the correct fabric.
11. Please request fabric companies to roll all fabric on tubes, with no more than one fabric per tube. One continuous length of fabric should be used unless an extra amount is taken into account for pattern matching. We will do our best to remove creases but this cannot be guaranteed.
12. We cannot be held responsible for fabric flaws. If we cannot cut around them you will be notified.
13. Any problems with an order, whether your (the client) fault or SquaretwoFurniture’s, must be brought to our attention within seven days of receipt of the order. There after charges will be made for any corrections. We will not be held responsible for charges if you have another company make corrections – you will still be responsible for the original bill. Charges will be made to corrections that are not my fault
14. We reserve the right to apply a minimum of £50.00 charge to repair accidental damage not caused by Twisted Loom.
15. Insurance Claims: we undertake all work on behalf of the client named overleaf. However, it is they who are responsible for the payment of the account. In the case of insurance companies and insurance work, we will undertake the work on the clear understanding that the account will be paid by the client named overleaf, when the account becomes due as described in clause 20.
16. Where the work is undertaken is in relation to an insurance claim. A 100% payment of materials and 50% payment of labour on acceptance of the estimate will be payable by the client, unless an agreement exists between us and the insurers to pay the account directly
17. Rush orders will incur a surcharge of 20%
18. We cannot be held responsible for the present or future behaviour of the treatment/fabric/trims, such as wearing and deterioration, stretching, shrinking, staining, cleanability, fading or damage to person or property, where the consumer has acted against the manufacturer’s/retailer’s instructions, i.e. washing instructions, steaming etc.
19. Carriage charges extra
20. Holiday cut off dates: Orders and fabrics must be received by 1 February for pre-Easter delivery and 1 October for pre-Christmas delivery.
21. Complaints will be dealt with as quickly as possible and successful resolution of the same will be my prime objective. Please do not submit Internet reviews as your initial complaint.
22. Payment terms: A minimun 50% non-refundable payment is required for us to accept an order. The balance is due on full delivery. Interest on overdue accounts will be charged at 1_% per month or part thereof. Prices quoted stand for three months.
23. A minimum payment of 50% on signing of the contract will form an acceptance of the terms and conditions above.
Notice of Right to Cancel
If you wish to cancel this contract you MUST DO SO IN WRITING and deliver personally or send (which may be by electronic mail) to Squaretwo Furniture confirming that you wish to do so within 7 days from receipt of the Terms & Conditions. Any deposits paid will be refunded in full. However, please note that work will not commence until the 7 days have passed or until the Client has provided Twisted Loom written confirmation to proceed. If you cancel after commencement of the work and before completion, you will be charged for materials and an hourly labour rate.
Square Two Furniture is both a reupholstery service and am vintage furniture seller. Check out the links below to find out more.
I’ll work with you to give your old vintage chairs and small sofas a new lease of life by having them professionally reupholstered and recovered.
Want something vintage, but can’t find exactly what you like? Pick a chair frame from the selection, and together we can customise it with the perfect fabric for you.
I have a selection of chairs that have been stripped back to the frame, repaired where needed, reupholstered and recovered and that are now ready for sale.
Submit your details below to be the first to know about new chairs available to buy, as well as news and events. I never share your details with third-parties and you can unsubscribe anytime.